I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Monday, February 16, 2009

February Fun

Hello to all of my friends, family, and fellow AVM'ers! I haven't updated in a while but have a few things to share!


First I will start off by saying that I completed trip #12 in Denver, and everything went well. I feel good. I feel more like myself than I have in a long while. I finally am starting to feel like a "normal" person again. No longer in constant pain, no longer so worried about bleeding. And boy, is it a relief! I am confident that these treatments are working, and I'm pleased with the progress I have made in the past year. I have no doubt that I am on the right course and just need to stay steady and strong.


You can read my entire trip report on my website here. It was a good trip and I got to meet up with Allison again and this time her mom Jody as well. Also, I had a surprise when Sharon, another woman I met through my website, was also in for treatment the same day. I posted "glamour shots" with both girls in our fashionable hospital gowns! I really need to get a move on making something a little more flattering to wear on the next trip!


The weekend before we left for Denver, Josh and I met up with Camellia and her family for a Tea Party! It was great to meet them after emailing so often with Margie. The girls are beautiful and both very delightful! They played dress up a little with the fun stuff at the tea place (so did Dad!) Camellia ordered Bubble Gum tea (seriously made with bubble gum!) and Serene had Tutti Fruity which she added just the right amount of milk to, in order to create the perfect PINK tea! It was nice to connect with them in person. I think we will definately keep in close contact with this family for years to come!





And finally, I wanted to just update about the upcoming AVM Awareness Walk in May. Details are coming together and I just need to register for the walk and get my donations page up and running. I hope that many of you will be able to join me in person and enjoy a beautiful day in the city, walking at Crissy Fields for something that is obviously very important to me!

As always, thanks to everyone for your continued support, encouragement, and love!

Shalon

No comments: