I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Denver Trip...Lucky #13!

Hey everyone! I'm back home from our quick trip to Denver this past week. Treatment went well and the trip was pretty uneventful! I'll be updating my Denver Trip page on my website soon with more details.

I did just want to quickly post up here that I was home and feeling good. I'm a little swollen but not as much as the last two times. I have a little achy pain in my face, but nothing big enough to require anything stronger than some simple tylenol. So no biggie!

Here are a couple of pics from the trip! First two are the previews of my new "glamour gown" that I made to wear instead of he hospital issued ones. I did my stroll through the nurses station and made sure the other patients were jealous! Really, I have NO desire to be the center of attention! ;)

Then of course, are the "right after treatment" pic, and the "day after treatment" pic. Not too bad!






So that is my quick update. Will get my website updated soon!!! Thanks to everyone for checking up on me all the time and the well wishes!

No comments: