I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Back from Trip #15 in Denver!



I have updated my website with all the details on Trip #15.

Quick recap-

-early flight
-Sunburned again??? I should know better...
-My recap at Dr. Reeds of the good reanactment of the shower scene from "Psycho."
-Didn't buy anything at the mall...well Jan did!
-Yummy Thai food
-Yay, 6:00 check in, with Jennifer as my nurse
-Rhonda, tell me it aint so!!!
-Chocolate pudding and I'm outa here.
-My poor little eyeball hates getting attacked!

For the real story, check out my Denver Trip Report #15! Sorry, i'm still tired and wiped out so I'm cheating and making you all go read the website!

Don't forget to also read my report on the AVM Walk!

Shalon :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

It's me again,I read your report on the AVM Awareness Walk and I hope to participate one day. Of course, I have to walk completely without any devices. :D I can't wait to retake my first steps. =]

Maybe I'll even see you at one of the future walks, I can't wait to meet the other people from the AVM Survivors Network, they're all amazingly nice and supportive. I, of course, would like to raise AVM awareness to prevent many from following my unfortunate path.