I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Friday, September 17, 2010

Cupcakes to the Rescue!

I'm getting ready for surgery on Monday. And yep, I'm a big scaredy cat and still super freaked out. So I've devised a plan to make it all better :) That plan is entirely all about cupcakes. Who doesn't love a little sweetness once in a while???

So we arrive in Denver on Sunday morning and I'm throwing myself a "Pre-Supermodel" Cupcake picnic. I've special ordered some from a local cupcake bakery, Lovely Confections, and have arranged for lots of sparkels, glitter, and pretty stuff. And a few chosen cupcakes will be special enough to spell out "AVM Supermodel!" I've invited all of the wonderful people I have met in Denver and who have helped me on these monthly trips to come eat cupcakes with me!
Lots of positive energy, fun, and well wishes I'm sure. And I know it will help me to feel happy and loved the day before this surgery. So be on the lookout for pictures and most likely a movie since it's my new found calling.

Wish you could ALL be there to enjoy my Pre-Supermodel Cupcake Picnic. What the heck, just buy yourself a cupcake and eat it on Sunday in my honor :)
xoxo

6 comments:

Bellinie said...

Shalon, I wish you nothing but the best on Sunday! I will MAKE a batch of cupcakes in your honor too :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there Shalon! I wish you the absolute best!

p.s. I posted this on the Ben's Friends Blog - http://blog.bensfriends.org/

Unknown said...

Nice blog !!!
thanks for sharing
Thiet ke nha dep
Thi cong nha xuong
Biet thu dep
Thiet ke nha
Nha pho dep
Cong ty nha vui

Yang Kuo said...

Hang in there Shalon! I wish you the absolute best!'

ทางบ้าน

anosh said...

فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب غرف نوم بالرياض
شركة تركيب باركية بالرياض
- تقوم شركة خبراء المملكة لنقل العفش بالرياض بالتغليف الجيد لكل قطعة أثاث على حدى بأحدث أدوات التغليف التي تتناسب مع كل قطعة أثاث.
- تقوم الشركة ايضا بتقديم خدمات فك ستائر الغرف وتركيبها مرة اخري بدون اي تكلفة إضافية.
- تقوم الشركة بعمل تلميع وتنظيف شامل لكل قطع الأثاث قبل القيام بعملية التغليف توفيرا للوقت حتى لا تحتاج الي تنظيف قطع الأثاث عند وصولها إلى المكان الجديد المراد النقل اليه.
- تتميز شركة خبراء المملكة بمواعيد منضبطة ولا تكون سبب في وجود أي تأخير أو إهدار لوقت عملائها الكرام .
- كما ان شركة نقل عفش بالرياض تتميز بأعتمادها على الطرق والأساليب الحديثة في نقل العفشوالتططوير الدائم في تقديم خدماتها .
عزيزي العميل إن القيام بعملية نقل العفش من مكان لآخر أمر متعب وشاق للغاية وليس امرا سهلاً كما يعتقد البعض ويحتاج إلى فنين ومتخصصين وعمال وتقنيين للقيام به؛ فإذا أردت أن تحصل على افضل خدمة نقل العفش من أعلى المستوىات من التخطيط الجيد والجودة فلن تجد أفضل من شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

Thiết kế nhà biệt thự Kiến An Vinh said...

nice blog

House design company, beautiful villa design in Vietnam

 You are looking for:

biệt thự hiện đại

mẫu nhà đẹp

mẫu biệt thự đẹp

thiết kế nhà đẹp mới 2018