I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hole in my face!!!

So ya...the new wound on the side of my face has a hidden bonus!

I actually have a hole going from the inside of my cheek all the way to the outside where the scab is. Grody! And it's infected...again. I'll spare you all the seriously gross details but let's just say that this is not my favorite new manifestation of the AVM. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. A few bleeds over the weekend, one more concerning than most. I saw my dermatologist yesterday (I haven't seen her since April) and she was very excited about the change in my face and lip from the embos. She said she could definately notice the decrease in size and that the coloring was looking better. So that was great to hear!!!

No comments: