I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Website is all up to date!

I finally finished updating my trip reports under the "Denver Trips" page. All of the Medical Mumbo Jumbo took a long time to type up and a lot of spell checking!

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who has signed my guestbook and sent me emails with such wonderful and encouraging words. I really do appreciate all of the support from family, friends, and strangers (new friends!) I've also been very welcomed at the new AVM Support Network that I joined. It is mostly "brainers" and I haven't heard from any "no-brainers" yet but still am excited to have found the website.

I'm feeling well but still super freaked out about the hole in my face. It is seriously gross and actually leaks grodiness like saliva, water, or whatever I put in my mouth! Brushing my teeth is fun cause when I rinse my mouth it comes out my hole... Ya... But I'm learning how to keep it to a minimum and seriously trying not to imagine it healing without closing up and leaving a permanent hole in my face! But normally I don't have that kind of bad luck. In my family we leave bad luck to my sister Taryn!!! ha ha ha

No comments: