I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Video to spread awareness

Hello all of my wonderful people!

I wanted to share this wonderful video with all of you. It isn't specifically for AVM's but it is related and created by the wonderful Ben Munoz who is the brain child (sorry I couldn't resist!) behind AVM Survivors Network.

Read Scott's note here from his blog Kenny Kellogg and go on You Tube to help promote the video!!!

I am continually amazed by these guys, their determination to help support people suffering from rare medical conditions, and their continued effort to get the word out. What an admirable mission they are on.

I feel so very lucky to be a small part of this and hope you all will support me by recognizing the wonderful opportunity that Ben and his friends are providing to us. So do as Scott suggests, help us spread the word!!! Reblog, add to facebook, vote for the video on you tube! It will only take a moment but that small effort can make a real difference.

Thanks!

No comments: