I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Thursday, August 27, 2009

What!!! I'm totally the athletic type...

So yes, I'm sorta crazy and now think that I'm a runner. Ok, not really. I do know I could never really be a runner. Carrie can back me up on this one cause she used to try to make me run with her in high school. And that was really just a quick "jog" around the block. :)

But on October 4th Josh and I are going to participate in the San Jose Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon! I'm hoping I can finish in the 4 hour time limit. :) no problem, right?!?!?

A few friends are already on board to do the run, and of course I'm convincing everyone to wear AVM T-shirts. I'm actually thinking we may need to make new, cool, "rock" themed T's for the race.

This is nothing formal, just a fun time to get together with friends, raise a little AVM awareness, and go out for some good food after the race. So for my Bay Area friends, please consider joining us for the day!

Shalon

No comments: