I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hope

Hey everyone.

First of I want to say that I am feeling very well. I know that my recent blogs haven't been as "sunshiney" as I normally am. But I know you all understand. I am over my recovery, over my cold, and back to being Shalon.

Some good news, Nathan is still fighting. He may have suffered some serious damage but with this kid, you have to think that he will overcome anything that happens. He has been through so much in these first 10 months, and yet has always suprised everyone and come out on the positive side of the ugliness. Here is the most recent posting by Jaimee. Please continue to hope for the best.

Camellia was in yesterday for another embolization with Dr. Yakes. Everything went well and the lucky little girl got to have Gelato for dinner!!! You can check out the latest journal entry from Margie at her Caring Bridge site. (Permanent link is over to the right.)

I've also updated my picture page on my website and this blog with a link to Maddy's new Caring Bridge site created by her mom Sherri. Please check them out.

This morning I read a posting on Camellia's site from their friend Beth. She added a link to a website called Peace of our Minds, and the following peaceful passage.

'An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, 'A fight is going on inside me...It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, pride, and superiority. The other wolf stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside of you and every other person too.'

They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, 'Which wolf will win?'

The old Cherokee simply replied...'The one you feed.'

What a great peaceful passage. I will take this to heart and try my best to only feed the wolf that stands for all of those wonderful things that I want as part of my life. The other wolf hopefully will starve!

I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season and that you will get to celebrate with family and friends this year.

xoxo
Shalon

No comments: