I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Friday, December 12, 2008

Cyndi is Superwoman!

Many of you are familiar with Cyndi, a fellow facial AVMer and Dr. Yakes patient! She has had a very rough month since her last trip to Denver in November. But she always manages to stay strong despite what this AVM hits her with. Her struggle has been so much harder than mine and I am in awe of the grace and courage that she displays.

She is also very lucky to have a great family, supportive friends, and a WONDERFUL husband Mark.

Cyndi just got out of the hospital (again!) and has updated her blog with this latest adventure... So head on over to her site and read about her AVM journey!

No comments: