I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Very Sad News

I'm so saddened to hear the news that our little Miracle Baby, Nathan Andaya, is losing the battle to his AVM. He has been a courageous little fighter, and so have his parents. When I logged onto the message board this morning, I read the following post from Jaimee-

Nathan Andaya..the Lord will be calling him home

i don't even know how to start this..

first off, I would like to say thank you to everyone here on this forum who has been there for us throughout this whole battle..your encouraging words, prayers and kindness mean so much to us..

unfortunately Nathan will not be making it..initially one of the two main veins clotted..and now the second one had clotted off (due to high pressures of the AVM)..unfortunately there is nothing the doctors can do..right now Nathan's brain continues to swell due to the increasing pressure..he is on morphine and tylenol to relieve any kind of pain..we have been placed in a private room so that family members and friends can come to say goodbye..we were given an estimate of 2-3 days starting from today (dec 6th). The last CT scan revealed that Nathan had already suffered from strokes and additional severe brain injuries..right now he is currently sleeping..he is still being monitored but we decided to take off his feeding tube..

thank you everyone for being such a blessing to us..please pray for Tj & I...God bless


You can read Nathan's story on his website http://www.nathanj125.com/ and his mom's blog postings at AVM Survivors Network

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers

No comments: