- My traveling partners and the wonderful times we had spending time one on one for a few days! Thanks Pam, Mom, Jan, Taryn...and of course Joshie!
- Spending a weekend with Matt & Catharine and finding out that the answer to everything is "your significant other!"
- Seeing my girls, Jenn & Carrie, when they spent a weekend putting on a fundraiser to help with my travel expenses. (Thanks to Danielle as well!)
- Going to the fire station for our first vote in El Dorado County and filling in the bubble for Obama!
- Meeting Cyndi and Mark in Denver and helping her with her blog.
- Our one camping trip in July up to Hope Valley where I got to do my favorite thing...sitting in the morning sun drinking coffee. And Pam & Dave spending the day with us exploring the beautiful scenery.
- The beautiful flowies from my AVM sister Andrea!
- Watching Reese & Summer bowl for Reese's birthday. (Those little ones are so cute trying to throw the heavy balls!)
- Shopping trip on 16th St with Jan.
- The first "guest book signature" I received after publishing my website. That was exciting!
- Finding AVM Survivors Network. I am so thankful for that place and all of the wonderful people that I now consider family.
- Dinner at Watercourse with Steph, James, Perry & Jolie! Such a great place and such wonderful friends.
- Celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary! What an accomplishment that is. Josh and I have 39 years to go!
- The generosity of Jenn Astwood and all of our stays at the Denver condo!
- Sushi at Wasabi's with Ali & Garrett. Or was that Audry Hepburn???
- Watching Huddy at the new Dog Park in Folsom...he just loves it there!
- My three month "vacation from work" and the opportunity to relax, reflect, and really gain a healthy perspective on my life, my AVM, my priorities, and the overwhelming support and love that I am surrounded by.
- All of the new friends who have contacted me through my website and this blog!
- Seeing the "East Coast Hugheys" and spending Christmas with ALL of my siblings.
- Having a picnic with the Parents (Hugheys & Whitgobs) up above Caples Lake.
- Beautiful drive home from Tahoe on Hwy 88 with the blue sky and fresh snow. I don't know anything that feels as calming and peaceful.
I have so many wonderful memories of 2008. Lots of "smaller" and less exciting events to reflect on. But sometimes the simple days and the simple memories are the ones that last a lifetime and are the ones that mean the most to us. I thank everyone in my life for helping me to build those memories and to provide me with so many things to be thankful for.
I hope 2009 brings many wonderful memories for all of us!