I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lot's of updates!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I know that I have many things to be thankful for, including all of our friends and family that continue to be so supportive of Josh and I through this AVM journey!

I have many updates today. :)

My Trip Report is up on my website for Trip #10.

Added a couple of pics to my Timeline, as well as to the Meeting Cyndi slideshows.

More photos of Nathan "our miracle baby" have been added.

I've recently been in contact with Arie and her mom Jody, another Yakes patient, and have updated with pictures of this beautiful little girl and a link to her story. I'm so jealous of all of her freckles!

Also, check out Cyndi's blog to read about her most recent adventure in Denver!

I think that is it!

As for me, I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. Still not quite 100% but I'm doing well and feeling much better. Josh has been taking care of me and you all know how much I enjoy being spoiled by him!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

xoxo

No comments: