I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Monday, January 19, 2009

AVM Walk in SF May 3rd

Save the Date!!! May 3rd, 2008

I don't have all of the details yet, but for all of my local supporters I would LOVE for you to join me in raising awareness for Brain AVM's with TAAF's Annual Awareness Walk. We are trying to organize for many of the members of AVM Survivors Network to join as well. With luck I will be meeting some of my AVM family in person! What a wonderful day that will be!

I'll be updating here, on my website, and over at avmsurvivors.org as new details become available. The event is to raise awareness as well as funds, and we are already working on Tshirts which will serve to raise money and also to unite us as one AVM family as we walk.

Check back soon for more details!
Shalon

No comments: