I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby Nathan

It is with such sadness that I post this blog today. Baby Nathan Andaya, our little miracle baby lost his battle to the AVM yesterday. He was a inspiration to our entire AVM family and we are all devestated to hear this news. Of course, his parents Jaimee and TJ are feeling the loss in ways that I could never imagine.

Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers. And think of little Nathan, the battle that he waged and how hard he fought. What a little trooper he was!!!

Shalon

Jaimee's posting on AVMsurvivors.org

Dear friends..

I am writing this with a heavy heart to inform you all that Nathan has finally gone to be with the Lord. He passed away in me and Tj's arms January 11th,2009 @ 5:45am. CT scan revealed that he had a new bleed within the ventricles.

I just wanted to take the time to thank you all for praying for Nathan since the very beginning. I plan on starting some kind of fundraiser for Nathan..the money earned will go to a foundation that is doing research on AVMs. I will post again sometime in the future for details.


Thank you again for all that you have done for us. God bless you all


- Tj & Jaimee Andaya

No comments: