I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snow Trip to Ice House




We decided to head up the road to the snow today and let our doggy play. He seriously loves the snow and we had nothing else better to do. So we packed a picnic and started out up Hwy 50. It only takes about 30 minutes before we hit a little snow, and 1.5 up to our favorite spot at Ice House Reservoir (mind you, in the Summer we camp and go out on the boat or kayak!)

A few minutes up the road, Josh spotted our friends the Burkes in his rear view mirror. They too were headed up to let the kids (2 humans, one K9) play in the snow, so we told them to come with us. So we turned off the hwy and started the climb up the hill. As we went around a turn Josh says "That looks like Chris' truck" and sure enough our friends the Roths were up already playing in the snow. Seems like everyone living in El Dorado Hills had the same plan for the day.

We all made it up to the lake, and it was a great day! Thought I would share some pictures with all of you.

Here is a link to the slideshow!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year and that the first few days of 2009 are treating you well.
Shalon

No comments: