I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Monday, October 13, 2008

Dr. Reed's turn in showbiz!

Dr. Reed's episode on HGTV's new show "My Big Amazing Renovations" premiers tonight at 9:00 eastern time!

For those of you who aren't sure what I am talking about, Dr. Reed is the ENT that sees all of us "head & neck" AVM-ers before each treatment by Dr. Yakes. He makes sure the airway is good to go so that we can breathe during & after treatment!

He somehow managed to get himself involved in this TV show when he did a "small" remodel on his home in Denver. I've promised to give him a full recap of how they spin his story and how correct of a portrayal they do of him. So I've got my notebook handy for tonight and will be reporting back to him next Thursday when I'm in Denver for round #9!

If you miss the episode, don't worry they are going to replay it 4 other times during Oct & Nov!

No comments: