I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Keep everyone in your thoughts!

This is a popular week for my AVM friends! Maybe not a "fun" week for them per se, but busy. Cyndi and Camellia are both making trips to Denver this week for treatment. Not sure if they will be at Swedish at the same time, but just maybe they will get the opportunity to meet in person. Also, Keith is having reconstructive surgery which I believe is his last! So hopefully I will have some updated photos of him soon with his beautiful AVM free face!

C,C, & K- I'll be thinking of each of you this week, hoping for all good news, and sending hugs across the board!

Shalon

No comments: