I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

AVM treatment #9!

Is that kinda like "Love Potion #9?" Well....maybe not so much!

We are back from our 9th trip for treatment with Dr. Yakes. Everything went well and I'm feeling great. I've posted my Trip Report on my website with all the fun details about our time in Denver. I'm most excited about the new pre-treatment "treats" I'm planning on giving myself with the opening of Dr. Reed's new Spa!

After taking care of the AVM stuff, we were lucky enough to have time to take a drive up the road to Berthoud Pass. It was a nice Saturday morning and I felt good enough for a quick little trip. It was definately a change from just rushing in and out of Denver. We hope to be able to do some more "relaxing" exploring as we make our future trips for treatment.

The drive was roughly 75 miles each way and we drove through some beautiful country. Unfortunately we did miss most of the colors of the Aspens, but were able to see some brilliant yellows and oranges on those still hanging onto their leaves. At the top of the Pass was the Continental Divide so that was a fun little landmark to take a quick picture. We didn't have a real camera with us, so these pics are just from the iPhone...but not too bad considering! Next time we will have better pics.

Some of Josh's LC friends told us to stop in a tiny town called Empire for ice cream. I was looking forward to that, but when we arrived, the entire town was closed down for "Scarecrow Days" and I didn't get any ice cream! Meanies!



We arrived home Saturday night and I've just been trying to take it easy, rest, and let myself recover. But you all know that I'm not always as good at doing that as I intend! I'm trying, promise! Josh is of course the best husband ever and takes care of me all the time. He is right now making me dinner since I was just gonna go with Halloween Candy for the night! How sweet is he to make sure that I get real food?!?!?

Hope everyone is doing well. As always, I sincerely appreciate all of the kind words, well wishes, and support. I do tell people all the time that I have the best family & friends...and I actually believe that is true! I couldn't remain as positive and as confident in this journey without all of those surrounding me and keeping me where I need to be.

Hugs & Kisses to everyone!!!
Shalon

No comments: