I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Off to Denver again!


I'm sticking to the 4 week schedule and am on my way back to Denver. Josh and I leave tomorrow morning and are trying to decide what kind of "winter" clothes to pack for the cold weather. The forecast is for a high of 50 and low of 27 tomorrow in Denver, as opposed to the high of 85 and low of 52 here at home...Yikes! I'm gonna have to bust out the snow gear or something. (This pic is from last winter when we drove up to Ice House Resevoir to let Huddy play in the snow. I'm thinking of finding that hat and matching mittens!)


We are going to be seeing Dr. Reed at a different office than the normal DT Denver one and I'm all ready to give my report on his HGTV show! Then we are going to meet up with Steph and fam in Denver for dinner at a yummy vegetarian restaurant! Poor Joshie, forced to eat tofu!


We hope to take a nice drive and see some pretty fall scenery on Saturday before heading to the airport. We'll see if I'm up to it, or just a sleepy head.
No internet at the condo, so I'll probably post up Saturday night or Sunday morning once we are home!
Shalon

No comments: