I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trying not to worry...


I've been super happy for the last few weeks because my lip is finally healed. It was an entire year of dealing with this wound, pain, and bleeding. Not having to deal with it anymore has made me feel like a "normal" person again!


But the last few days I've had slight bleeding inside my lip. Not really a big deal, but it is making me just a tad nervous. I can't really decide what is going on. There is no cut and it doesn't really look like tissue breakdown. But the skin itself is all weird and different from scarring. I don't know. I just hope it doesn't get worse. I like being normal!!!


On a more positive note, Huddy has been super lovey dovey with me this past week. He typically is more interested in Josh than me, but he was waiting in the window when I came home last night, and then ran over to give me hugs when I walked in the door. What could be better than hugs from your doggy???

No comments: