I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Please keep Nathan in your thoughts and prayers!


Nathan is a little baby who is dealing with multiple AVM's in his brain. Earlier this year, they thought they had treated it completely. Unfortunately he has suffered a set back and is at UCSF with a pretty ominous prognosis.


You can read about his story here. http://www.nathanj125.com/ and the latest news about his condition here http://www.avmsurvivors.org/profiles/blogs/ominious-prognosiswe-might


What a difficult situation for this family to find themselves in. I really would appreciate all of the prayers, healing thoughts, whatever you can send to Nathan!!!


No comments: