I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A fellow AVMer's beautiful words...

Heros' Undercover
We are the lights to the world that some thing is wrong, we suffer so the truth can be found, and fixed. In the past Miner's took a little Sparrow into the mine with them, so the miner's lives could be saved. The little sparrows' gave their lives, and this warned the Miner's that poisonous gases where in the air. We are the massagers, we are loving and sensitive, we are chosen to be the beacons, too shine the light on the unknown. Deep in our hearts we know; others could not endure the physical and emotions pain we have lived thought. We are the heros' under cover.

This message was posted as a blog by Karen Robertson at www.avmsurvivors.org

She was nice enough to let me borrow and share with all of you.

No comments: