I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back from Denver...and I'm a snob!

We just got back from my 7th trip to denver for treatment. Everything went well and I'm feeling great. We got to meet Cyndi (another Yakes patient I've been emailing with) and Eric the new PA.

And although many of you have never doubted my "snob" status, it is now official! I can no longer deny it with the proof written clearly on my Denver Trip Log 7. You will have to read it if you want the proof!

I'm glad to be home and in my own bed. But I wanted to say a BIG THANKS to Jenn & Allen Astwood. Jenn for being soooo generous with her offer for Josh and I to stay at her vacant Denver condo when I am in town for treatments, and Allen for taking the time to meet us at the condo, give us a quick tour, and hand over the key! You two were lifesavers this trip (as evidenced by my snob story!)

I've also updated my "Timeline Pics" on my site. I'll also be adding some pictures of my angios & MRI's, Keith, and Cyndi in the near future- so check back to my pictures page...although I'll post up here when they are ready also!

7th treatment down...who knows how many to go!

No comments: