I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thanks!!!

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to eveyone who participated in our fundraiser this weekend. It was a perfect weekend for our goodies. Not too hot (like it can be in Sacramento in August!) but just warm enough to make our summer time treats hard to resist! We sold lots of popcorn and snow cones and handed out quite a few "business cards" to help spread the word about my website. I really appreciate the donations we have also received from both friends and strangers. It is so wonderful to have so much support!

Also, wanted to say a special thanks to Carrie, Jenn, & Danielle for organizing and running this event! You ladies are the best. xoxo

No comments: