I have alcohol running through my veins!!!!

Literally...well, ok not really. But I do get alcohol injections about once a month (and not the "fun" kind!)

I have a facial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and am receiving ethyl alcohol embolizations with Dr. Wayne Yakes in Denver.

So while the alcohol isn't actually running through my veins (that would be really bad) it is being injected into them to destroy the AVM vessels and eventually provide a cure!


Check out my website to read my story about life with a facial AVM, meet my doctors, and stay up to date on my treatments through my "Denver Trip" reports!


-

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Denver here we come!

We are heading to Denver on Tuesday and I will have treatment #7 on Wednesday. Josh is coming with me, so I'm sure he will keep the "regulars" in the loop by email. I'll try to post up here Wed night or Thurs morning, and will add an update to my "Denver Trip" page on my website soon after that.

We had a hard time getting a hotel this trip! Apparently the DNC is using up all the rooms everywhere even though it isn't until the following week. Room hogs!

If everything works out, we will be meeting Cyndi (another Yakes patient) on Tuesday! We've been emailing for the last few weeks, and it just so happened that our next treatments were the same week and we will be in Denver at the same time. So that is fun! We will be sure to get a picture together and I will post it up here. I'm sure Cyndi will post on her blog too...if she ever gets it going!!! :)

No comments: